Water damaged carpet cleaner was needed urgently at Shellharbour
Due to a big downpour over the weekend, the carpets at an office in Shellharbour were absolutely soaked, prompting the owner to immediately call Jason, an expert in water damaged carpets.
The business owner was smart enough to recognise that fast action is essential if you want to save your water damaged carpets.
Why it’s so important to act fast when water soaks your carpets
Water and prolonged moisture can do the following to your carpets:
- Attract loose dirt which gets trapped in the wet carpet fibres.
- A water soaked carpet can be a breeding ground for mould and bacteria.
- Water damage can cause discolouration and a foul odour.
Top 4 tips for dealing with wet carpets
- Determine the source of the water leak and stop further flows if possible.
- If the water leak was not caused by a flood like the situation in Shellharbour, post a warning sign to keep foot traffic away from the wet carpets.
- Ventilate the room where the wet carpets are by opening windows and doors and turning on any fans to help circulate the air.
- The most important tip is to immediately call professional carpet cleaners to extract the water and clean your carpets
How Jason restored the water soaked carpets at the Shellharbour office
- First, he extracted as much water that he could from the carpet.
- Then Jason let the rest of the carpet dry naturally.