What are the risks of letting your pets share your sofa?
Until they are faced with pet smells in their lounge, pet-lovers hardly ever ask themselves this question. Some pet-owners enjoy cuddling their furry friends while they sit on the sofa and watch TV or while simply relaxing.
Our customer in Scarborough has two dogs and the whole family loves to spend time with their pets while lounging in the living room. But, like all pet-owners, they were faced with the challenge of keeping their lounge clean, so they called Jason to freshen up their couch.
The challenge of keeping your lounge clean with pets
If you’re anything like our Scarborough customer, you understand that allowing pets on your lounge could lead to:
- Pet “accidents” that soil your lounge, leaving all kinds of unpleasant smells!
- Pet fur clinging to your sofa fabric and getting on your own clothes when you sit on your sofa.
- Your pets can bring in loose dirt and bacteria from outside your home.
- Your pets’ claws can contribute to the wear and tear of your lounge fabric.
Removing the stain and smell without banning your pets
You don’t have to ban your pets from sitting and sleeping on your lounge if you find comfort in having them around.
Here’s what you can do instead:
- Groom your pets regularly, so they are less likely to shed fur on your lounge.
- Vacuum your couch often to get rid of pet hairs and loose dirt.
- Air the whole room frequently to help remove stale pet odours.
How Jason cleaned the pet-soiled lounge in Scarborough
- First, he vacuumed the lounge to remove any dust, dirt and loose pet hairs.
- He then used Chem-Dry’s Green Monster Pre-Spray on the lounge; it’s green certified, making it the best product for homes with pets.
- Jason waited 10-15 minutes for the spray to dwell, but not allowing it to dry.
- Next, he applied Supercharger pre-spray for a second go and Double Indemnity for a third go since the lounge showed a lot of wear.
- Finally, Jason rinsed all the product and cleaned the lounge using Chem-Dry’s natural cleaning methods
The customer was delighted with the results and didn’t mind the extra charge involved as it took more than just the standard clean, but the results speak for themselves.