Is your leather lounge looking like it has seen better days?
Many people invest in leather furniture because it can last a lifetime like the one in this photo, above.
Like any other household furniture, leather upholstery is prone to wear and tears unless you maintain it correctly.
Just like our customer in Shell Cove, you’ll want to call a professional upholstery cleaner and restorer like Jason the minute you notice your leather lounge looking dull and dry.
What to avoid to protect your leather furniture
- Body oil and grease – you should regularly remove any perspiration build up because it can contribute to loss of colour to your lounge.
- Colourfast dyes or ink transfers – they can be hard to remove and can be permanent if not cleaned immediately.
- Pets with sharp claws and any pointed objects – they can damage the finish of your leather lounge.
- Direct sunlight – prolonged exposure can cause the leather to fade and to dry out and crack.
- Dirt and dust – wipe your sofa with a soft and non-abrasive cloth to prevent dust deposits.
Professional upholstery cleaning prolongs the life of your furniture
Calling professional upholstery cleaners like Jason and Tanya at Chem-Dry Excellence twice a year can help you maintain the cleanliness and smoothness of your leather upholstery.
Because they are trained, expert cleaners they can remove any stains and restore your leather couch without the use of harsh chemicals. Their leather treatments and help protect it from future damage.
How Jason cleaned a leather lounge in Shell Cove
- First, Jason pre-tested the leather couch for colourfastness on an inconspicuous area.
- Next, he cleaned it with Chem-Dry’s professional strength Leather and Vinyl Cleaner and wiped it into the lounge using a white terry cloth.
- Lastly, he treated the leather upholstery with Chem-Dry Leather Protector.