How often do you call a professional upholstery cleaner to clean your lounge?
Our Russell Vale customer had given up cleaning his lounge because he knew it would soon get dirtied by his kids and their pets.
When he called Jason, he thought it might be his sofa’s last chance for professional upholstery cleaning after months of neglect.
Why you want to clean your lounge regularly
If you’re anything like most people with kids and pets in your house, you are always cleaning up dirt and spills on your living room sofa. Treating stains and dirt seems like a never ending process, and yet your lounge still looks grotty.
Traditional cleaning does not get into the heart of dirt and grime
And if you’re like our customer in Russell Vale, who is both a parent and a pet owner, then you are probably faced with the same challenge of keeping your sofa clean and fresh looking.
Most parents and pet owners settle into a routine of cleaning up after children and pets, and although this is a good habit, it is important that you still call a professional upholstery cleaner every 6-12 months to deep clean your lounge.
- Pets and toddlers often leave behind dirt and by-products that you cannot remove by traditional cleaning methods. This soiling settles in the fabric of your furniture.
- Shop-bought cleaners leave a residue that can be difficult to remove.
- Traditional cleaning often involves excessive amounts of water which takes hours to dry.
- Some cleaning solutions are not safe for your kids and pets and sometimes leave an awful odour.
How we cleaned a lounge in Russell Vale
When Jason first saw the lounge, it was covered in liquid stains and pet marks that were probably not treated right away.
- Jason vacuumed the lounge thoroughly.
- Next, he sprayed Chemdry’s SuperCharger Upholstery and Carpet Prespray and brushed it in evenly. He waited 10 minutes for it to dwell.
- Then he added Chemdry’s Upholstery Wet Foam Cleaner to extract the dirt.
- Since the third step only led to a slight improvement, Jason used Chemdry’s Oxyspotter for the water stain marks, waiting another 10 minutes for it to dwell.
- After another round of the Upholstery Wet Foam Cleaner, Jason did another extraction and then rinsed the product to make sure he left no residue.
The customer was delighted to know that it wasn’t too late to call for professional help because Jason still managed to restore and clean their lounge, saving the family the expense of buying a new lounge.