A Warilla homeowner thought the red stain on her carpet was impossible to clean
The homeowner revealed that the bedroom carpet had a fist-sized reddish brown stain from spilt tanning lotion.
The customer didn’t think we would be able to remove the stain from the carpet because it had been there for a while. She was willing to pay extra if it disappeared and we made sure she got her money’s worth!
Carpet stains can come in a rainbow of colours!
Most coloured stains won’t disappear after a typical carpet clean, especially if they were not spot cleaned when they happened.
Top tips to deal with coloured carpet stains:
- Act quickly – clean the spot as soon as it happens.
- Don’t rub the stains. Instead, gently blot them with a clean cloth, sponge or paper towel.
- Vacuum your carpets regularly, then if you do spill something, there is less chance that it will come into contact with loose dirt, making it even harder to remove.
- When a stain seems too tough for regular cleaning, call professional carpet cleaners. Sometimes your own efforts to clean stains from your carpets make things worse.
How Jason cleaned the carpets and removed the stubborn red stain in Warilla
- He started by vacuuming the carpets thoroughly.
- Next, he used the Thrasher Pre-Spray and scrubbed it onto the carpet.
- As for the red stain, Jason had to use a special catalyst. It took six attempts and 30 minutes, but he was able to make it disappear!
- Finally, Jason used Chem-Dry’s hot carbonating extraction method to rinse the carpet.
The Warilla homeowner was happy with the results because she thought she would have to live with the ugly stain forever.
Before and after photos show how Jason reduced the stain after each attempt until he could no longer see it on the carpet.